Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thoughts on "Eating Animals"

I found this book to be written in a very interesting way. Jonathan Safran Foer is a vegan, but in this book, he does not try to convince the reader to become a vegan, as I had previously expected. He merely points out all the ethical wrongdoings of factory farms. He points out the brutality with which the animals are treated and gives the reader interesting facts that would make anyone feel sick about what is being done. For instance, some chickens have been genetically modefied so much, that they are constantly born with chronic pains. Reading this made me really angry. However, he also points out how some farms treat their animals humanely and with respect. There is even a turkey farmer who apologizes to his turkies for slaughtering them. This book was great and opened my eyes to the evils of factory farms. I highly recommend it for people who want to know how their food is REALLY made.

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment